Friday, December 16, 2005

 

December - January DUIM tasks

Spurred on a little by the activity on the gardener's list (see previous post for link) I've decided to juggle my plan of work with regards the DUIM port a little. I had planned to get a decent amount of unit test coverage in before starting work on any back ends; now I think I will follow a different schedule:-

1. Transliterate the vanilla port code and fix up the existing unit tests
2. Write a simple back end (e.g. not necessarily fully functional) -- chances are I'll use Peter Herth's LTK library for this
3. Write unit / regression tests for anything that's obviously broken during writing the back end
4. Put together a 'first release' (maybe register the project on common-lisp.net)
5. Maybe write a simple UI on top of RT (there's one already for McCLIM that I might modify, or a new one) and continue with unit test coverage.
6. Rewrite the API to be more Lisp-like (copying the CLIM API to a great extent for this)
7. Put together an advertised release
8. Eat my own dog food ;-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?