Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

DUIM port progress

Time is flying by. I find it hard to believe that nearly a month has passed since my last post. I think a progress report is in order...

I've tidied the code up significantly from where it was a month ago; the consistency of the code is much improved.

I removed the DEFINE-ABSTRACT-CLASS and added DEFINE-DYLAN-CLASS instead. The latter accepts a list of modifiers (for example, (:sealed :abstract)). These modifiers don't actually do anything but it does mean the Lisp code reads more like the original Dylan.

I've added the recording module to the code base, and moved to an ASDF build which makes life a little easier.

Most of the macros are complete now (although they need a serious amount of testing which should be possible Real Soon Now(tm) (I've created the user and core modules too which should provide a convenient testing sandbox)). Only the really hard (or scary-looking, at least) macros are outstanding and I have a 90% clean compile.

Things left to do before this phase is finalised:-

1. Finish converting the hairy macros (frame definer, command table definer, etc.)
2. Clean the compile up
3. Decide on a test framework (I'm leaning towards Franz' open source testing framework at the moment, but want to look at the Dylan Testworks code too which is in the fundev source tree).
4. Write unit tests and documentation strings for the DUIM functions.
5. Port the DUIM tests from Dylan into Common Lisp and get them running too.

Once that's all done I'm back to my original plan of implementing a back end and starting on application development.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?